Thursday 10 September 2009

New Toy - Canon DSLR

After a recent spell in the hospital, on a ward with a load of people who didn't have much longer in this world, I decided that life is too short to wonder whether to get stuff, so finally purchased a Digital SLR camera. Went for a Canon 450D with the 18-55 lens. Not had much chance to try it out, but so far the images had been pretty impressive, even compared with my Fuji Finepix S5600, which I think is a pretty good camera.

Went for the Canon as it was a bit cheaper than the equivilent Nikon, and Canon's are apparently very good for astrophotography when attached to a telescope (I have a Celestron C8 SCT on powered GE mount).

Got a good price from Comet (would you believe), they were on offer and I got another 10% discount. Quite lucky as a couple of days later (before it had been delivered!) the price had gone up £25! Now looking for a zoom lens in the 70-300 range, or perhaps 55-250!

I highly recomend the http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk website. Very useful.